The best things in life are not things.
A child is a story yet to be told.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Break in the Weather


We've been on an excessive heat advisory for months now. It is so hot to step outside, I don't even want to step out to feed Ringo (of coarse, I eventually do). Try telling that it's too hot to go outside to an 18 month old. It doesn't usually go over well, as he pleads for shoes and then "side" and runs to the door.

When storm clouds (no rain) drifted over us, Taylor and I took the opportunity to play outside a bit with out burning our bare feet on the tiles. Taylor enjoyed the slide, since it wasn't burning hot. I had freshly mowed the lawn so the grass looked soft and inviting. I told Taylor the grass was so soft to encourage him to lie in it. I guess the grass was a bit prickly on his neck, because he gave me such a cute grimicy smile.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you had a small break in the deathly heat of AZ. Miss you guys! We are doing well and just trying to adjust to a new neighborhood, ward, life etc. Your kids are still as cute as ever and growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete