The best things in life are not things.
A child is a story yet to be told.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Our short sale!








We have decided to short sale our home as our family grows in number. We are excited about this decision as it will free us to move around easier than be tied to a mortgage. We hope for some changes next year, and will be much easier to be free from our home. We have started packing thinking we had a buyer, but since he backed out a couple of weeks ago, we have only had two lookers. We will keep our fingers crossed, but this process may take longer than we had hoped which is good that we have time to stick around.

Syvanah starts kindergarten this year, for which she is very excited. She will tell me from time to time how she misses school (preschool). I think we will try to stay in the area so she can attend the school that I wanted. We had to get a boundary exception, which they approved and we are very happy for. This school has better ratings (8/10) but lower parent rating (3/5 stars) than the school in which we are in the boundaries for (4/10) and a parent rating 4/5 stars, and this school is just as close.

A charter school rated 10/10 that I put her on the list for also had an opening. I didn't have as good feeling towards it, and felt these feelings were an answer to my prayers. Which helped us make a decision on the school she is now enrolled in. In my search for a school I was looking for teachers who love their job and can deviate a little from a concrete structure. Teachers like I had, that are each different and unique in how they teach and involve all areas of learning. It is difficult in a state that ranks 49/50 in education (which Tyson thinks the results are biased) to find what I hope to be best for our children, but I think with our strong involvement they will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Latest news on our short sale: We had an all cash offer shortly after listing our house. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough and the banks turned it down. Fortunately, while we were visiting family in Idaho we actually had someone come and look at our house (third one in like 2 months). It was nice because we left it nice and clean and ready to show. The kids weren't there to clutter the place with their toys. Well, before we arrived home we were informed of the new offer and it was for the asking price (which is better for everybody so we can afford the closing costs and realtor commissions, etc). I didn't want to get my hopes too high, but now we should find out after the next three days! We need to stay here one more month so we are delinquent on our payments (I know, I don't get it either). We'll take advantage of that and save on another mortgage payment then make our move to a rental!

    ReplyDelete