The best things in life are not things.
A child is a story yet to be told.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Splash Park

I should actually put "staying hot at the splash park" since my kids don't like to get wet. For our first 100 degree day this year we went to the splash park. Of coarse, the kids were more more interested in the none splash toys then the wet toys and Taylor refused to wear his hat. We still had fun under the shade cover provided for the play area. I put sunscreen on my face thinking I would be in the sun a lot, but I was under the shade most of the time, and then the next day I reacted to the sunscreen and ended up with a puffy, red, swollen face. I was just glad I reacted and they didn't!
We actually had unusually cool weather this year, up to 20 degrees below normal. It looks like last Friday will be our only 100 degree day in May, which will set a new record for the area for the least number of days below 100 during the month of May. Last night it got into the 50s at night. Tyson and I had to pull out some blankets while we watched the Final Finale of Lost. We are enjoying this great weather (averaging in the 80s) while we can, and believe will be looking forward to an unusually cool (below 110) summer!

3 comments:

  1. It was fun to see a comment from you on my blog! I didn't know your blog... so now I get to take sneaks into your life! You have an adorable family. Be glad you could "stay hot at the splash park"... we had snow yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the site I used for my vital records binder is Preparednotscared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...you guys sure keep busy. Then again maybe it's been longer than a month since I blogged around. I love all the fun summer pictures of the kiddo's playing in the water. That's crazy and kind of nice to have cooler temps for May. Congrats on finishing another block of nursing school. Enjoy your summer break, do you start back up in August? Crazy Syvanah starts preschool already, she's growing up way too fast. Though I"m completely shocked that Taylor starts nursery in July..he's such a stud-muffin. Cute fam Shelbs.

    ReplyDelete