They broke through our kitchen window to clean out my jewelry boxes (which a real burglar would realize is all fake and cheap, I'm talking Clair's type jewelry), our coin jar (a small tootsie roll container from the dollar store), Tyson's cologne, an ancient laptop with little street value, Tyson's backpack with some flashdrives to load everything in and made their getaway out our front door, but not before taking a leak in our toilet. I suspect I know who did it, but there is not much that can be done based off suspicions.
In spite of all this, I feel very blessed. Why? They didn't clean our house out of all its contents and we have an awesome home owners insurance that will be covering the broken window, and lost possessions. We are not a materialistic people and although there is some sentimental value in the things they took (particularly the jewelry and the backpack) they are just things that cannot be taken with us after this life. We are blessed that they took the ancient laptop. If they hadn't taken the laptop we may have not met our deductible. The only precious jewelry that I own is my wedding ring and fortunately, I was wearing that and Tyson was wearing his. I joked with my Mom that I've been needing to clean my jewelry box out so I can get some more, and now I can! We are blessed that I had the video camera and digital camera with me, not for the cameras themselves, but the footage and pictures they hold which no amount of money could replace.
As long as I kept our house securely locked, I never thought our neighborhood had sunk to the level of us needing to get a home security system. Unfortunately, as my mother put it, for our neighborhood, we obviously need one.
I'm so sorry that happened to you guys! You will feel much more secure getting that alarm system installed.
ReplyDeleteWhat in the world???? That is just crazy, but you hit in right on the nose with this post. It isn't about the materialistic "things". It still is very upsetting though. I would be traumatized over it for a few days. Sorry to hear that this happened. I hope that you are having a good vacation though.
ReplyDelete