The best things in life are not things.
A child is a story yet to be told.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunday's Over-the-dinner-table Converstation

There were just a few things I don't want to forget that Syvanah said. I went to nursery at church to pick her up and her teacher mentioned how Syvanah was reading for them today.
Myself: Oh, really?
Teacher: Yeah, she was reading the blue color label on the crayon. She sounded out "b, b, bl, bl, blu... crayon! It says crayon!

She gets really close to what it says... and then fills in what she thinks it should say. A few months ago was Billabong on Tyson's shirt. It went something like this, "b, b, bi, bill, billa, b, i, l, a, b, o, n, g... shirt! It says shirt!" Not quit, Syvanah, but a good try.

Then there was over-the-dinner table. I was explaining to Syvanah that Taylor has no teeth so he does not chew very well. To show understanding Syvanah elaborated:

Syvanah: Taylor does not have teeth so he cannot chew. Taylor needs to grow teeth so he can chew... and Taylor needs to grow shoes so we can walk!
Myself: Oh really? Did you grow some teeth to chew?
Syvanah: Yes, see? (Opens mouth wide)
Myself: And did you grow some shoes so you can walk?
Syvanah: Yes!
(Silence)
Syvanah: Nooooo! That would be silly!

I love to see Syvanah make so many connections all the time.

Here is some great pictures to leave you with. I thought she was in the bathroom for a long time, here's what I found when I checked on her!

3 comments:

  1. Weston and the kids and I laughed about this picture!! Cute. That would be one for when she start's dating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's called being tucker out. What a cutie!(= I'm glad you found her before she did a head dive. Give her a hug from Grandma!=)

    BTW: Dad is out trying to take out our obnoxious vines along the fence line. Be glad you didn't plant those in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is seriously the funniest thing I've ever seen! How cute!

    ReplyDelete