The best things in life are not things.
A child is a story yet to be told.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sissoo Tree


We did it! We got our tree in our front yard. Are you happy now, HOA? We ended up getting a Sissoo. It's as fun to spell as it is to say. I like it, it kind reminds me of the Quaking Aspen or a Ginko tree in a way. It took all day of digging, redoing the irrigation, burying lines, moving the red yucca, and finally, planting and posting our new green addition. Tyson got himself a great farmer's tan and a little burn on the arms. Syvanah was a great little helper, making sure Dad stayed hydrated. As for myself, I took care of Taylor, of coarse! Taylor was experimenting on how many fingers he could fit into his mouth. I'm not in any pictures because I'm the one holding the camera! I really am there, without me, there'd be no pictures! That was definitely our home improvement project for the weekend. Syvanah and I cooled off with the hose and gave Ringo a bath while Tyson went to pick up the tree.

3 comments:

  1. Great job! It looks like you had fun day! Cute pix! I love the new green addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute PIctures! You are great with the cameral Shelby! The tree looks great and it is probably good you planted it now before the intense summer heat comes! fUn, FUn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer fun has already begun!! Everything looks so green and well-kept, good job. I love the pictures of Syvanah playing in the water, how refreshing. Great captured moments of Taylor eating his fingers, babies are so amazing how they can do that. I really like the collages, something different than square pictures all in a line. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete