The best things in life are not things.
A child is a story yet to be told.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ward Swim Party


Last weekend was the ward swim party and, boy, it was fun! The ward reserved the pool for the evening. There was great attendance and great food! Taylor especially enjoyed standing in the water. I liked the format of the pool because it was beach-like in that you could gradually walk into the water. There were large tunnel slides, waterfalls, and even a mini-lazy river! Syvanah enjoyed her floaty tube until the life guards told us, "no, floating devices aloud!" They at least let us use a water noodle, even though essentially, they aren't too different.

Taylor's been practicing rocking on his knees. "Wait a minute, bud!, you've got to learn to sit up first!" He is growing up all too fast. Lately, Taylor loves to throw his hands around. I have to be careful because if I give him a toy he hits himself in the face with it! Taylor loves Syvanah even though she makes me nervous when she's around him. I catch her jumping over him, dragging him around by his arms and yelling in his face. He lights up when he sees her though, and for some reason she is not around, like if she's with Dad or taking a nap, he seems to be looking for her.

Last night, Tyson helped me by getting Syvanah to bed. He picked out a top for her that was way too big (my fault for having it in the drawer). He told me that it was okay, he would just cross the straps. Here's what the result of that was! I was laughing so hard (I was quit tired myself), Syvanah thought I was laughing at her singing the 'hokey pokey' that she began singing it louder and louder until she was shouting the 'hokey pokey'. Soon, we were all laughing until our sides hurt. No wonder she never wants to go to bed, it is much too fun to stay up!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! Taylor is getting so big! He's going to catch up with Jacob really soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete