The best things in life are not things.
A child is a story yet to be told.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Canyon Lake Hike


For our date last night, Tyson and I (and Taylor) went on a short hike. It was tough getting out the door before the sun was too low, but we made it. Syvanah was babysat by Katy again (thank you, Katy), and Taylor went along with us thanks to the loan of Bobbi Randle's baby backpack (thank you, Bobbi). Taylor seemed to enjoy it, accept that he's not quit tall enough to see over the edge. I stuffed a blanket in there and that seemed to keep him from bumping his face into Tyson's back. All-in-all it was a good cheap date and we hope to continue doing this more often.

Oh yea, I shouldn't forget to mention, Tyson and I had worked a big appetite and were looking forward to pizza on our return home. When we arrived, pizza, with no toppings, was found scattered around the table as well as one fat and guilty looking beagle. We were pretty upset, but at least he saved us a few pieces left on the table. Tyson commented that that was the most expensive pizza we have ever had- $20 for 5 slices!

Syvanah and I had fun attending her friend's, Ethan, birthday party. He is a big 4 year old now! Happy Birthday Ethan. I didn't bring my camera, but I wish I had. The whole party was was themed in a "Knight in Shining Armor" theme. Ethan and his brother, Zack, were dressed up as nights with helmets, shields and body armor. The rest of the boys in attendance wore helmets, and the girls wore princess hats. It was very cutely put together. If anything, I wish I had gotten a picture of the cake. It was shaped into a castle with a draw bridge and everything. The games we played were pin the sword on the dragon, and a musical chairs type game. It was really fun and we wish we could have stayed longer, but we hurried home to Tyson and Taylor to prepare the meal for the missionaries.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun date night! I'm still laughing about the pizza incident!

    ReplyDelete