Our HOA keeps nagging us about planting a tree in our front yard. A tree that was not there when we moved in. I don't even know where there used to be a tree. I guess that means I get to decide where in the front it's going to be. They've started threatening to fine us, and even though we already have a small thavacia tree out front (in the very left edge of the picture), I don't feel like arguing with them. We've decided to take the opportunity of being forced to plant an unneeded tree by planting one near the driveway so it'll shade the car in the hot summer. Anyway, I'm tree hunting now, I'll let you know how it goes. I was thinking an Australian bottle tree. It depends on how expensive it is, but they stay green all year and aren't messy. We'll probably move the red yucca plant (the closest plant to the camera in the center of the picture) from its current position to along the side walk (Syvanah's right in the picture) and put the tree where the red yucca used to be.
Speaking of Tyson, he's been busy with the county fair for most of this week. The fair won't be over until Saturday night at the earliest. Which means late nights for him, and therefore, late nights for me. I just tackle one kid at a time. First, Taylor goes down then I work on Syvanah. Thank goodness they're not in the same room at this point. I don't know how/what I'd do at bed time if they were. Speaking of the kids' sharing a room. Right now I have the room painted with a feminine lavendar accent wall and white compliment walls. I plan on neutralizing the room with a shade of brown. Everything matches brown and I can match the bed sheets to the brown. I was thinking pink for Syvanah and green or blue for Taylor- probably green though because that's the color of his bed bumper.
Well, I'd better work on getting Syvanah to bed. I can hear her singing "lost them, lost them, where are the car keys... found them! found them! here are the car keys!". (A verse from kindermusik.) The earlier I get her to bed the better mood she'll be in tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment