Before I left for the banquet, I was making bread and didn't time it very well. I only have three bread pans and a recipe for four loafs. I usually make the fourth loaf after the first three. Well, anyway, I ran out of time and so I made the fourth loaf in a circular dish and cooked it in the oven for about 15 minutes. We had to leave so I turned the heat off and left the bread in there. When I came home, after the banquet, the bread had cooked really well and it was really moist. It looks a little burnt in the picture, but it's just a bad picture. The only down side is I don't know what to do with a circular loaf of bread. I don't suppose it would made a good gift for anybody? J/K
Today, I made a self-watering bucket garden. All I have to do is get a plant (rosemary or sage is what I've narrowed it down to). If you want details on how to make one, contact me. I initially learned in my friend, Sonya's, Enrichment class. It was really easy and inexpensive and now I can grow herbs that normally have very invasive roots in a normal garden. They are also g
reat for those that live in places with small or no yards. I think they only require watering about once per week or so, probably more in the summer, but still, not very often. You can grow almost anything in it, except I suppose things that need a lot of space for the produce to grow (i.e. melons and squash). I think peppers, tomatoes, strawberries, even carrots and any of the herbs would do well. (Don't quote me on this I haven't tried any plant yet).
reat for those that live in places with small or no yards. I think they only require watering about once per week or so, probably more in the summer, but still, not very often. You can grow almost anything in it, except I suppose things that need a lot of space for the produce to grow (i.e. melons and squash). I think peppers, tomatoes, strawberries, even carrots and any of the herbs would do well. (Don't quote me on this I haven't tried any plant yet).P.S. After talking to my sister, I decided to do basil.
No comments:
Post a Comment