I found out a few weeks ago that I finally made into nursing school for fall of 2009! I am so excited because I have been waiting since I applied in fall of 2007! I'll be attending the Chandler-Gilbert Community College the traditional semesters (fall/spring with summer off) for the next two years.
I have been busily trying to arrange childcare arrangements for our two children. Monday and Tuesday I have a 2 1/2 hour class during which my friend, Sonya, has agreed to watch them in exchange that we watch their daughter for them sometime during each week. Wednesday and Thursday are long days in which I'll be gone 10 to 11 hours. Our hope is that our cousin Krissy can in-home sit for us one or both of those days. If I can get Tyson to work his regular hours those days, then that reduces our time gone from our kids to 8 hours. What may also work out for Syvanah is to attend preschool one or both of those days at Tyson's school. It's a new preschool as of next school year and will be integrated with the child development program there. Fridays will be off for me, so all-in-all I don't believe I'll be gone a whole lot while attending school.
Once I finish I can work at hospitals in the nights, maybe the 3/12 shift. Once everyone is school aged, I hope by then I can work as a school nurse so I can have Tyson's schedule. I think a school nurse would be my dream job, but I know as a nurse many job opportunities will open up.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shelby YOU MADE NURSING SCHOOL AND NO ONE TOLD ME!!! Congratulations, I am so proud of you, you have been so patient...maybe I will go back to school too, I know have been saying that for the past two years. Well, I am super excited for you...maybe if nursing jobs are out here you will be able to move out this direction? Just a thought. We miss you over here. Well I love you and I will enjoy your blog. Maybe you will inspire to start one for me and Spencer, I don't know though I'n not very good at these things. Love you and goodnight! I will be calling to hear more about the nursing.
ReplyDelete